You don’t have to watch chef Robert Irvine’s TV program, Restaurant Impossible, to know what a difference restaurant remodeling can make. Even though Irvine picks up the tab for all of the improvements, he still sticks to a tight budget. We admire his money-saving strategies, and we’ve developed some of our own. We present our list of 10 low-cost ideas for cutting-edge restaurant renovations.
2. Throw the Doors Open – Rework your old entrance with an eye-catching combination of bright colors, custom metals and designer glass. Charm crowds with the retro good looks of revolving doors, show off your brand on a canopy entrance, or install dramatic doorway lighting.
3. Change Your Colors – Ask an experienced commercial renovation company about inexpensive remodeling ideas, and one of the first suggestions you hear revolves around color. A fresh coat of paint brightens up the tiredest restaurant inside and out with just a small investment in time and materials.
4. Step Up a Level – Refresh dining areas by taking them to new heights. This strategy works especially well over floors that need replacing, and it adds interest to a room for about the same cost. The addition of recessed lighting in steps to an elevated section gives it extra customer appeal.
5. Don’t Be Afraid to Divide – Turn large, noisy spaces into several rooms for quiet, comfortable dining by putting up new walls. Make the space even more efficient with banquette seating, and keep foot traffic moving in the right direction by defining pathways with half-walls or planter boxes.
6. Turn Those Tables – Wooden table tops are easy to sand and refinish. Your investment in elbow grease is a fraction of the cost of new fixtures. Re-upholster old chairs, touch up their scratches, and apply that same recycling tactic to bar stools and counter tops.
7. Punch Holes in the Roof – Skylights fill a dining room with beautiful, natural illumination that always puts dining customers in a good light. The stylish ceiling windows also reduce your need for daytime lighting indoors, and that helps hold down energy costs.
8. Freshen Up the Bathrooms – Don’t forget about restrooms when you plan your restaurant remodeling job. Renovations can be as simple as new mirrors and counters or as complete as modern, water-saving fixtures.
9. Save on Back of House Operations – Upgrading the kitchen doesn’t affect your restaurant’s interior style, but an investment in energy-saving equipment pays off for years to come. Consider Energy Star-rated freezers, walk-ins, ovens and fryers.
10. Take It Outside – Don’t waste space outside your restaurant. Convert it into expanded seating with alfresco flair. Install planters to define your outdoor dining room, tuck a mini-bar into one corner, and warm up customers’ appetites with a grilling station.
You don’t have to win a spot on Irvine’s show to finance smart upgrades at your location. Instead, work with a commercial renovation company that knows how to stretch your remodeling dollars. Our teams here at Stovall Construction offer more than 40 years of experience in restaurant redesigns and remodels. We don’t believe that any restaurant is impossible. Contact us today, and let’s share more money-saving ideas.