You’re ready to invest in your ideas and turn them into profitable plans. You need to work with a commercial contractor who can handle the challenges of building for your market. Whether you’re developing casual dining in Shreveport or expanding a QSR franchise through Lake Charles, you want the best restaurant construction company in Louisiana. These five tips can help you make that very important hiring decision.
1. Look for a Strong Portfolio – A construction company’s solid reputation speaks volumes about its good standing with past and current clients. References are important, but follow up recommendations by taking a good look at the firm’s portfolio. How many projects have they completed that are similar to yours in size and location? Not all commercial contractors operate as restaurant builders for the Louisiana market. You need to hire a company that specializes in your type of restaurant construction with proven experience that stretches across the state.
2. Analyze the Numbers – Established Louisiana restaurant contractors understand that you’ll want to solicit several bids, and they know that you expect the numbers to be competitive. However, don’t assume that the lowest bid is your best choice. Ask why figures are unusually low or high, and analyze the numbers. A contractor might bring in a low bid with time- and labor-saving techniques. High numbers could reflect a firm’s commitment to premium materials. A reputable restaurant builder is always willing to go over the numbers in detail.
3. Discuss Design Requirements – A full-service restaurant construction company for Louisiana projects offers design talent specific to your building type. If you’re expanding locations for a national chain, you need a contractor who knows how to work with strict corporate guidelines. If you’re building a private location, you want a firm that offers innovate exterior and interior planning. As you discuss design requirements with an experienced restaurant builder, he covers every detail from parking lots and entrances to interior floor plans and equipment installations.
4. Determine Management Capabilities – The most effective candidates for your project are restaurant builders with Louisiana connections and extensive management capabilities. An established contractor coordinates with local vendors to obtain fair pricing for quality materials. His professional network includes dependable subcontractors from all trades who ensure reliable scheduling. Smooth job progress also depends on navigating paperwork, so look for a contractor who knows local building codes, understands permitting and acts as your agent throughout the process.
5. Expect a Professional Partnership – Building a restaurant from the ground up is a big investment, so you want to work with a commercial contractor who earns your trust. Ask plenty of questions, and listen for detailed answers that address your concerns. Make sure that his services include project accounting through all job phases and timely progress reports from all team leaders. It’s important to establish clear lines of communication from your first meeting through the bidding process so that you can build a strong, professional partnership that secures job success.
As you finalize decisions and consider qualified restaurant contractors for your Louisiana project, talk with our teams here at Stovall Construction. Our expertise covers casual dining, QSR chains and private locations, and we handle buildouts, remodels and repairs. Contact us today, and let us deliver more than 40 years of industry-proven experience to your restaurant construction job.